Spring by Kathryn White

Sunday, March 13, 2011

There will be a day...


It is a quiet Sunday afternoon. I should be working on my course assignment, but my mind is so preoccupied with the recent earthquake, followed by the tsunami in Japan.
While we are living in peace and safety here, my heart has been so heavy for all those in the world who have been affected by devastation through natural disasters and extreme weather conditions,including the hurricanes and cyclones,tornadoes,volcanoes,
earthquakes, floods,tsunamis,fires, nuclear threats etc.
The Footpath by Mary Dipnall
I stare in shock and disbelief at the fury
and wrath in the power of the tsunami and the sudden destruction in its path.
It grips my heart along with the hearts of all those who have witnessed it on the television, in the headlines of the newspapers and online, but even more so for those who are living in the affected country, in this case, Japan. It is impossible to sit on the sidelines and not be affected by the suffering in this world as we are all globally connected. There is fear and anxiety for those who have loved ones living there. We continue to pray for those who are affected.
* Praying also for all the courageous Search and Rescue Teams; the relief and rescue workers from around the world, praying for needed supplies, praying for comfort...*
May the Lord be near to the brokenhearted, to those who have lost everything, to those who are suffering and grieving, to those who are despairing...
I wanted to share with you this beautiful post, written by Brenda who is so gifted in expressing what many of us are feeling, praying that you may also be encouraged and find comfort and hope in these turbulent and uncertain times.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.
In this world you will have trouble.
But take heart I have overcome the world.”
~John 16:33


Seashore Tranquility by D. Werner

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
Revelations 21:1-4