Spring by Kathryn White

Friday, March 11, 2011

The Journey~ Blogging Anniversary


"For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land."
~King Solomon

Spring is in the air and with it is the promise of new life, renewed hope, the singing of the birds and the emergence of new growth from a dormant earth.
"...the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.”
~Henry Beecher Ward

That was my first blog entry exactly a year ago today as I tentatively navigated the wonders of the blogging world here at Seasonal Hearth.
You can read my first entry here
My enthusiasm for Spring is also evident here and here.
Although I did hear the mourning doves the other morning, and my friend S eagerly assured me that she spotted four robins recently, I still don't see a lot of evidence here as it is snowing again this morning with white-out conditions as I type this. How can you tell that I am craving warmer weather and lovely Spring.
This blogging journey has been a joy and an adventure as I have made it my goal to embrace the beauty in all four seasons (alright, so I'm flagging in zeal a wee bit now) and to see the simple joys of each season, thus the name Seasonal Hearth.
I was half way into this blogging adventure when someone asked me about STATS.
I had not considered this. In the Audience section I discovered that visitors arrived from all over the global map including Argentina, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, Slovenia, Macedonia,
Sri Lanka, Russia, Romania, Cyprus, United Arab Emirates, India, Latvia, Serbia, Czech Republic, South Korea, Bangkok, Egypt, Israel, Greece, Spain, The Philippines, much of Europe including
The Netherlands, United Kingdom, and of course closer by was United States and Canada.
I have been so blessed by all the visitors from around the world and am reminded again that blogging has become such a global adventure.
It makes me aware again of the fact that:
~blogging is a huge responsibility
~blogging with integrity is so important
~everyone has a story to share and is special and unique...it is all of us together that make up this wonderful world we live in.

And so today, after 226 posts and one full year of blogging at Seasonal Hearth,
I wanted to stop by to thank all of you who have visited, those who have taken the time to comment, to email me and to tell me in person that you have enjoyed
reading Seasonal Hearth. You have all been such a blessing! I wish that I could have you all in for a british tea with a Spring theme of course, however, because many of you are so far away, I decided instead to have a blog give away. I put together a little Spring package including some of my favourite things:
♥ a lovely book filled with domestic goodness (crafts, recipes, tea parties, home decor)
♥ scented candles
♥ adorable dandelion covered napkins (even dandelions are appealing to me now)
♥ floral tissues to represent garden flowers
♥ Paderno dish cloths in cheerful Spring colours

All you have to do is:
~ leave a comment either here in the comment section or by emailing me (found in profile) with the heading Seasonal Hearth (♥you may spread the word ♥)
~ share which country you are from(optional) and your favourite season there (♥don't be shy ♥)
This offer is open to everyone in this grand world of ours. I will post the winner's name here, require your mailing address by email, then deliver this package by mail or if you are local I will deliver it to you in person.
This giveaway will close at the same time next Friday when I will announce the winner.
Thank you again to all of you for visiting and may God bless each and every one of you.
♥ Greetings from snowy Ontario♥
and from me, Joanne