Spring by Kathryn White

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Chiming in early to announce....

I was just getting ready to call it a night after a lovely day out with two of my girls today. As a result of March Break, they both had the day free and asked if I would join them on a shopping adventure to New Market, home of a large shopping mall, but better yet, the most thrift shops per capita so I am told.
I was going to read a few emails yet as well as several new blog posts before signing off for the night.
My plan was to drop by tomorrow to announce the winner of the giveaway when I came across this blog update in my google reader:
To Japan with Love.
You can read Carolyn's touching post here...it brought tears to my eyes. I shared it with my dear hubby who agreed that tomorrow would be a bloggers day of silence in our home as well to remember the island nation of Japan as we donate and continue to keep them in our prayers.
It is a reminder again that:

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens...
Ecclesiastes 3

I do want to thank all of you who left such wonderful comments on this anniversary post and sincerely wish that I could have all of you in for a special british tea complete with cucumber sandwiches, scones and clotted cream, strawberry conserves and other sweet dainties. We would celebrate the beauty of each new season as many of you shared so eloquently/articulately your favourite in the comment section. We would marvel at the fact that blogging could bring so many people together in this world, and that we all inspire one another whether we blog or not....we all have a story to tell and share in celebrating the beauty of each new season and 'sacredness of the ordinary'. Thank you to each one of you for taking the time to comment and share your love and support!
I have put each of your names in a basket and asked hubby if he would do me the honours of drawing a name.
This is the name he pulled out:


Congratulations to Donna, who left this beautiful comment:

Hi Joanne:

Happy anniversary. Your blog has become a very warm and welcoming place. for me to visit in the blogging world. I know the time and effort that you put into each posting, and it is very much appreciated by this reader.

I was delighted to read your post this morning, but it was also very strange, because when I first looked out the window to find this world of white, before turning on the computer, you came to mind.

Although this snow is far from welcome, it really is quite beautiful. Enjoy your weekend, and thanks again for your blogging efforts.
Donna, I will be emailing you for more details so that I can send this Spring gift off to you. Thank you for your kind words.


Blessings to all of you from me, Joanne