Spring by Kathryn White

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday's Simple Joys



"Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits;
Who pardons all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases;
Who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with loving kindness and compassion;
Who satisfies your years with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle.”
~Psalm 103


Spring Flowers
by Henry James Johnstone




The first day of spring is one thing,
and the first spring day is another.
The difference between them
is sometimes as great as a month.
~Henry Van Dyke

Although it doesn't feel like the first Spring day, it is the first day of Spring which I welcome and celebrate with all of you! It has been a lovely quiet Sunday, a much-needed Sabbath day of rest.
I spent some time this afternoon baking in the kitchen for my family before heading out for fresh air and a healthy hike with hubby. I thought that I would share some simple joys with you, including recipes, patterns, spring sightings and a new-to -me song.



~♥~the joy of hearing and seeing the robins~♥~


~♥~ great spring door decor~♥~


~♥~finishing my tea cosy for middle daughter~♥~


~♥~home from our walk in time for tea and dessert~♥~


~♥~ another knitting project
since I am really enjoying
this new interest~♥~
Patterns here and here


added: ~♥~finished project~♥~


~♥~Bless the Lord~ Laura Story~♥~