Spring by Kathryn White

Saturday, July 24, 2010

For the love of Zucchini ~ So Versatile



Zucchini is plentiful at this time of year and is an economical and versatile vegetable as it can be used in stir fry as well as in baking. We were blessed with some this week and have used it for both cooking and baking. I thought that I would share a recipe from my mother's recipe box (given to me) that has been tested, tried and true.
I used a bundt pan, as well as loaf pans:




Zucchini Bread (loaf, cake, muffins)

1 cup oil
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups grated zucchini

Mix first 5 ingredients together, then add the remainder, and pour into prepared pan.
Bake at 350' for 45 minutes or when done to touch. Enjoy!
(note: I added pecans to one and walnuts to another...you can also add raisins or chocolate chips...decrease sugar and cinnamon, use only brown sugar...customize it to your personal taste:)



If you have a recipe you want to share, please do so in the comment section...

Also, just a quick note about the 'look' of this blog. Creating it has been a slow work in progress and just when I was pleased with the appearance, the soft and simple template background I used was removed. I have not decided what I will use yet and have no time to spend on it for the next few days, so this will have to do.
If you are a blogger, you will understand:)
Have a great weekend everyone!
Blessings,
Joanne