Spring by Kathryn White

Friday, July 23, 2010

FFF~ Thrift Shop Thankfulness


Welcome to Friday's Fave Five hosted by Susanne over at
Living to Tell the Story. This is the place where we can share five favourite things, all blessings in our week.

It has been a busy week with alot of unexpected errands to run in the city, so when I took my girls with me, we fit some time into our schedule for a little thrift shopping at a store we just happened to pass along the way. My daughter Jen has an eye for detail and a love for vintage and shabby chic, as well as being a collector of classic books. When she saw this cute little chair for $4.00, she thought it would go just perfect in her room.

1) My hydrangeas from the garden are my blessing of the week as they are so large and lovely:

Jen also spotted this vintage apron, complete with frills, pockets and blue ric rac trim. Although she might not wear it now, it will come in handy when she cooks in her own home one day. She also found the lovely Vincent van Gogh painting called White Roses (1890) that is hanging on her wall.

2) The beauty of the domestic arts:

And, a girl after her mother's own heart, she bought her first tea cup for $2.00 at another shop just down the way. She loves the colour blue so this was just perfect for her and goes well with her Jane Austen book collection.

3) Tea and Books, what could be more lovely?

I picked up some cute fabric and ribbon at my favourite thrift store a few weeks back and have been decorating jars of jam to give away as gifts. The berries on the fabric are so adorable and so fitting for berry jam:)

4) The blessing of produce & nature's bounty; a gift from God:

And my favourite find was a combination of vintage embroidered linens along with the lace tablecloth, and a very sweet cream and sugar set called Harmony Rose, made by Foley in England. (british, of course:)

5) vintage lace and dainty china...two of my favourite things: