Welcome to Friday's Fave Five hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story. This is the place where we can share five favourite things, all blessings in our week.
It has been a busy week with alot of unexpected errands to run in the city, so when I took my girls with me, we fit some time into our schedule for a little thrift shopping at a store we just happened to pass along the way. My daughter Jen has an eye for detail and a love for vintage and shabby chic, as well as being a collector of classic books. When she saw this cute little chair for $4.00, she thought it would go just perfect in her room.
1) My hydrangeas from the garden are my blessing of the week as they are so large and lovely:
2) The beauty of the domestic arts:
And, a girl after her mother's own heart, she bought her first tea cup for $2.00 at another shop just down the way. She loves the colour blue so this was just perfect for her and goes well with her Jane Austen book collection.
3) Tea and Books, what could be more lovely?
4) The blessing of produce & nature's bounty; a gift from God:
5) vintage lace and dainty china...two of my favourite things: