Spring by Kathryn White

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rainy Afternoon Rejoicing

I don't usually post twice in one day, but I just had to share my rejoicing over the rain. I know it was in the forecast, but to actually experience a steady and beautiful rain all afternoon is such a gift from God and I wanted to acknowledge it! I can honestly see the grass turn greener and the plants look healthier. Although I haven't been out, I am sure that the corn in the fields has grown in just one day. Yes, I am being overly enthusiastic but I don't ever want to take rain for granted...it is truly music to my ears. So, when it is cool and wet outdoors, what is a girl to do? My older daughters both had the day off, so I enlisted their help in finishing up the laundry (folding, putting away) as well as the clean up in exchange for an afternoon of tea and scones to accompany a movie I have eagerly anticipated.
Recipe for a Delightful Afternoon:
Light one fragrant and lovely lavender-scented candle,
Set this DVD in the player,
and enjoy with tea and scones.... Such an exquisitely beautiful love story and musical soundtrack:
(pause sidebar music to listen)