Spring by Kathryn White

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Beauty of a Card....

...and the power of words!
I have been the grateful receipient over the years of many cards, all of which I have cherished, appreciated and stored in special hat boxes.
Every card represents someone special in my life and makes the statement to me that they care enough to take the time to give/send a card.
Each card is chosen or created with thought and love, and each card is truly received as a gift.

A few weeks ago I received this adorable Spring card created by my friend Michele with heartfelt sentiments:
"Just thought I'd send along this inspired little garden girl to brighten your day just as you have brightened so many of mine with your beautiful blog posts. I hope we can get together in May for tea and conversation.... " This friend continued with more encouragement and affirmation which reminded me of a verse I read recently:
"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver." - Proverbs 25:11

I am so excited to visit with her this Thursday along with a few more friends for Afternoon Tea in the garden. It will be a relaxing time of refreshment and renewal.
My gardens don't look quite like this, but you can enjoy a lovely virtual tea here:

"A Friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of Nature."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882) US poet & essayist.