Spring by Kathryn White

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

For the love of antiques and thrift shopping...

One of my favourite hobbies is thrift/antique shopping and if I can squeeze a bit of time while running errands to pop into a thrift shop, I will take that opportunity.
When I was in England with middle daughter, J, we popped into every Oxfam shop we could find, just to check out their books, linens, and china...so much fun!

Those who know me, know that I adore all things British and feel a kindred spirit with anyone who shares their love of Jane Austen, BBC and Masterpiece movies, British countryside etc.
Last week, I had just a small amount of time before meeting friends, and popped into an antique warehouse, just to browse.
Well, I spotted this lovely tea cup and could not leave it in the store.
I collect tea cups and actually use them when I host a ladies tea.
I love sweet violets! Oh, and check out the bottom of the saucer....I also love the Victorian time period, so it couldn't have been more perfect and all for .95c!

And when I need a british 'fix', I am known to buy this magazine: