Spring by Kathryn White

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Home and Gardens and Market

This morning my dear friend, W, arrived early to my home to join me on my Thursday Morning Farmer's Market excursion. The weather was cool but sunny with brilliant blue skies as we made our way along the booths to pick up produce and plants. I have been busy preparing for a Ladies Retreat with our church to be held at Conestoga Bible Camp, a beautiful facility overlooking Conestoga Lake. I am in charge of decorating and wanted to fill the place with flowers
(will share photos later) which we had success in finding. We stopped at a few more places, went out for a leisurely lunch, then meandered home along scenic country roads before parting ways again.
I took some time to enjoy the weather and to wander in the gardens to check out the progress.
The bleeding heart is so dainty and so pretty:
I love these daffodils:
Bright yellow cheerful tulips:
I couldn't resist cutting a small bouquet for our patio area:

"The kiss of the sun for pardon,
The song of the birds for mirth,
One is nearer God's heart in a garden
Than anywhere else on earth"
~Dorothy Frances Gurney

Meet our pullets/laying hens who arrived this morning. They are just becoming aquainted with their new home:

After supper, I started baking and am still taking batches of cookies out of the oven; Sure smells yummy here! Pictured: banana walnut bread, oatmeal raisin cookies, lemon bars:
Adding dutch buttercake: (boterkoek)....think I'll call it a night now!