Spring by Kathryn White

Friday, April 1, 2011

Oh, to be in England, now that April is here

Walking down memory lane,
I can't help feeling nostalgic for the beautiful countryside of England.
Before I conclude my blog,
I just had to share some of these visually stunning images with you that I took while on my travels.
I have had the opportunity to travel twice to England, once with my dear friend Karen and this last time with my middle daughter. Both travels were highlights in my life that I shall never forget as I tuck away in my mind images of the british countryside, the sheep peacefully grazing in pastures and on rolling hills, of royal castles and quaint cottages, majestic cathedrals and humble country churches, small towns and villages, wisteria and foxgloves, roses and hydrangeas, narrow winding roads lined with bramble hedges, the book shops and tea rooms, tea and scones, and authors such as Jane Austen, Emily and Charlotte Bronte, Beatrix Potter, and movies such as Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Sense and Sensibility, Persuasion, Ladies in Lavender, Becoming Jane, Miss Austen Regrets, Young Victoria, North and South, Wives and Daughters, Miss Potter, Bright Star, Cranford, Lark Rise to Candleford, Downton Abbey, Keeping Up Appearances, BBC, PBS, Masterpiece etc....
Check out this site "dedicated to those classic films that take us to another era, to a time of simplicity and serenity. Grab a cup of tea and make yourself at home..."
Can you see why I have become an Anglophile?

Journey with me as we enjoy a wee bit of Spring time in England....

Wisteria Covered Cottage, The Cotswolds, England
(image found online)


Gold Hill, Shaftsbury


Arlington Row in the Cotswolds


Sheep peacefully grazing



Beautiful countryside


Mornings shrouded in mist and fog


dew in webs


sheep grazing


Sally Lunn's Tea Room


British Post Box


Foot Bridges


Cotswolds


Cottage Tea Room


Tea and Scones


Kissing Gates and Cottages



The Kissing Gate in Marshfield near near Bath


Tea and Welsh Cakes after a day in Hay-on-Wye,
on the Welsh/English border


Memories kept in Photo Albums


Some springtime movies filmed in England include:

~♥~ Bright Star~♥~


~♥~ Emma~♥~


~♥~ Miss Potter and Peter Rabbit~♥~
(click corner arrows to enlarge)







Oh, to be in England
Now that April's there,
And whoever wakes in England
Sees, some morning, unaware,
That the lowest boughs and the brushwood sheaf
Round the elm-tree bole are in tiny leaf,
While the chaffinch sings on the orchard bough
In England - now
by Robert Browning
Home Thoughts from Abroad.

Listen to stunning music by Ralph Vaughan Williams:
The Lark Ascending