Spring by Kathryn White

Saturday, April 2, 2011

For Everything there is a Season


For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven...

Ecclesiastes 3:1


The sun is shining on another beautiful Spring morning, the birds are chirping so cheerfully in affirmation of this glorious day, and green shoots are popping up out of the ground in the gardens.
It truly is exciting to welcome this next season of renewal and rejuvenation as new life stirs beneath the earth, eager to emerge.
It was with this enthusiasm and exuberance, that I began my blog, Seasonal Hearth, last Spring to marvel in, then document my observations and activities, giving glory to God for the beauty in each new season.
Today is indeed a beautiful Spring day as I end on a jubilant note, eagerly welcoming this lovely season. Even the long range forecast is rejoicing with us.
As my dear friend shared with me this week:
"My spirit of expectancy is on hyper alert" Don't you just love that? She is so gifted with words and has expressed so articulately the anticipation that we all have been feeling.
This journey has made me keenly aware of the changing of the seasons and the beauty in nature all around me. Through the lens of my camera and in my spirit,
I have become much more observant of the seemingly insignificant details of life, thus celebrating the 'sacredness of the ordinary'.
Although I will miss blogging about it and will possibly be observing everything around me in blog post format, I know that this is also the right time to conclude my blogging experience to focus on the next exciting season in my life. If I have inspired or encouraged you in some small way, then my blogging journey has truly been rewarded.
It has been wonderful to travel the world over through blogging, from the comfort of my home; an extension of armchair travel. It has been my joy and privilege to 'meet' many of you through your comments here. Thank you for your kindness and for sharing your beautiful blogs of inspiration with others!
This next season of my life will continue with work at the library which I am so thankful for as my job has been such a gift. I love assisting the patrons, and getting excited with them in their discovery of a good novel or new author. The library truly is a pleasant atmosphere to work in. I am also continuing to take the courses which have kept me very preoccupied.
This will be a milestone year for many reasons including a *sweet sixteen* birthday celebration for my youngest daughter, the big 5-0 (yours truly), college graduation for middle daughter, moving our university son to his new place of residence in the city, preparing for an eager reunion with our oldest daughter as she returns from India followed by an upcoming wedding celebration to plan for...so thankful for my family.
There will also be the gardening and home maintenance projects we have planned.
Once again, I have thoroughly enjoyed documenting scenes around me including the Mennonite flavour of this area, the beauty of the rural landscape/countryside, sharing my love of photography, art, poetry, music, quotes, books and movies, along with the resources of libraries, arm chair travel, my love for all things domestic including decorating, thrifty vintage goodies, new found love of knitting, recipes, tea parties, my simple joys, my faith, family and friends, of laughter and love.
It is my prayer that you may all take the time to see the little things in life, the seemingly insignificant, that bring pleasure and beauty to our days and know that they are gracious gifts of grace from our heavenly Father.
My prayer for each of you can be found here

Abundant peace to all of you,
along with Spring Cheer...
♥ Joanne

"Don't let yourself get so busy that you miss those
little but important extras in life - the beauty of a
day...the smile of a friend...the serenity of a quiet
moment alone. For it is often life's smallest
pleasures and gentlest joys that make the
biggest and most lasting difference."



(images found online)