Spring by Kathryn White

Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Li'l Retail Therapy and a Whole Lotta Love...

I have been looking forward to this day for weeks. Three of my dearest friends set time aside to spend the day together doing a li'l retail therapy with a whole lotta love....
Whenever we get together, there is no end to the topics we discuss and the conversations we share, as we pour our hearts out and invest in each other's lives.
Our first stop was to our favourite Coffeeshop,
The Rumble Tum, a unique specialty gift shop and cafe.
Although it may seem early to some, everything was decked out for the season, with fresh garlands and mini lights
....

As we stepped inside, we were greeted by snowmen and center pieces, festive aprons, candles and napkins, dishes and other houseware items....




This morning we did not consider calories as we all enjoyed delectable desserts along with our beverage of choice, mine being... coffee, of course:) I chose the praline cheesecake and was not disappointed. It was heavenly!

After a leisurely morning, we meandered into the village of
St. Jacobs, known for its unique small-town shopping experience, with elegant shops such as The Weathered Gate, my personal favourite...
They've got a little oh-la-la Paris theme going here....

The shop window display...

Great outdoor urns:
And for my chocolate-loving friends,
who shared a good laugh as we read this:

My theme for this holiday season...
(I should add that for me giving more
means giving of my time and resources,
not 'stuff')
This is my wish for you, my friends: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth,
Love to complete your life.
-- Author Unknown