Spring by Kathryn White

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Christmas Shopping with a bit of Random Culture at the Mall

Last week on my errand day, I popped into the Mall to get a glimpse of the Christmas decorating there. Thankfully it wasn't busy so I was able to enjoy a leisurely stroll through the mall and take a few photos to share with you.
(click on photo to enlarge)

Magical Fairy theme this year:


One of my favourite shops, Bath and Bodyworks:
Chic decorating...black is in:
Great wreath idea:
And on to my favourite store, Chapters, where the display is cosy and inviting...makes me want to wrap myself up in a knitted blanket, curl up in a favourite chair by the fireside with a candle glowing, quiet music playing, then immerse myself in a captivating novel.
Of course I would need to have my favourite seasonal Starbucks drink to enjoy...

I chose a gingerbread latte to go along with some magazine browsing...
The perfect combination: Enjoying my new Christmas CD playing beautiful inspirational Christmas music and sipping the last of my latte as I meander home again.

And...
Have you seen this? Last week a patron shared this with us and it moved me to tears and sent shivers down my spine.
I thought I would share it with you, my readers...
(be sure to pause playlist to listen)

"On Saturday, October 30, 2010, the Opera Company of Philadelphia brought together over 650 choristers from 28 participating organizations to perform one of the Knight Foundation's "Random Acts of Culture" at Macy's in Center City Philadelphia. Accompanied by the Wanamaker Organ - the world's largest pipe organ - the OCP Chorus and throngs of singers from the community infiltrated the store as shoppers, and burst into a pop-up rendition of the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's "Messiah" at 12 noon, to the delight of surprised shoppers.
"
(click on four arrows in right hand corner for full screen)



And closer to home, in my family's neck of the woods, at Seaway Mall in Welland, Ontario....
"One minute, Stephanie Tritchew was just a face in the busy Seaway Mall crowd, sipping coffee at a cafeteria table and chatting on her cellphone.
The next, the St. Catharines native was standing and belting out "hallelujahs" from the famed chorus in Handel's Messiah in front of a stunned food court congregation."
You can read more about it here.