Spring by Kathryn White

Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer: Five Favourite Foods


This week's theme was quite obvious:
summertime and the livin' is easy, so....
I thought that I would share some of my
favourite summer foods,
as I join others in friday's fave five.

1) My favourite summer drink is sun tea,
which I make every summer.
This will give you an idea due to the fact
that the sun has not been shining alot
over the past week:)
(image found online)

2) Salads are a meal around here in the summertime,
that and a BBQ consisting of
hamburgers and sausages on a bun.
I could go without the meat,
but I do love my salads.
I have shared some of my favourites
over the last few months...
(Photo taken on Father's Day)
Fabulous Greek salad made by my friend, S:
Fennel Salad made by K:
Nicoise Salad made by S:
3) Fresh fruit in season, including the local strawberries we are now enjoying:

4) Watermelon is one of our family favourites
and we have been enjoying it several times already:

5) Markets and Fresh Produce... I love my local market!



You can read more about friday fave five's at
Living to tell the Story
hosted by Susanne...