Spring by Kathryn White

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

For the Glory of the Skies

This morning as I was bringing my laundry
outside to hang on the line,
I was singing this song
by the Carpenters:

"Such a feelin's comin' over me
There is wonder in most everything I see
Not a cloud in the sky
Got the sun in my eyes
And i won't be surprised if it's a dream..."


The sky was a brilliant cobalt blue
with not a trace of a cloud,
and it felt almost muggy and humid outside.
(I don't normally write two posts in one day,
but couldn't resist sharing these photos,
all taken over the course of today...
so much contrast in the skies)

A little later in the day, I noticed that clouds were forming and they were stunning against the backdrop of the blue sky:
I had to go into town for groceries and errands and as I was heading toward home, I noticed the sky growing darker and the rain clouds were forming:I just made it back inside with all the groceries when the thunder struck and the rains came down, splattering against the window pane. Thankfully my daughters had taken the laundry off the line earlier in the day while I was away!
Although the farmers had plenty of time to get their seed sown, it has been an exceptionally dry season so far, and I was concerned about the lack of Spring rains, so even spotting the puddles after the rains is such a welcome sight!
Tonight my youngest daughter, J, took some awesome photos as we watched the sun go down to conclude another day:


"The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;

night after night they display knowledge."

~Psalm 19:1, 2