Spring by Kathryn White

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Take Me Home, Country Roads...

I know that I am getting carried away again with all the photos, but the countryside here is truly so beautiful.
I have a rather obvious confession to make:
I am not a city girl.
Yes, I love the odd trip into the city for shopping, dining, and culture, but my heart is and always will be in the country.
You are welcome to join me as I meander my way home from some recent appointments and errands using photos that were taken at random times over the past few weeks.
(click on photos to enlarge)

This bridge is no longer in use, but I am so thankful that they didn't remove it:

a piece of rural history...

The old farmstead is adjacent to the bridge, and the setting is just so peaceful and so beautiful!
The one and only sheep farm I know on my route.
(for Nan) Of course I had to pull over and take a few photos of the lovely, old stone home with the sheep and lambs grazing in the pasture...
As you can see by the sign, this auction was held several weeks ago and is so unique to this area as the farmers gather to bid on hay and straw...
This was also a common sight this Spring, as many farmers baled the remains of their cornfields into large round bales for bedding...

The cows are just being let out of the barns after a long winter....
Slow-moving traffic as we are stuck behind a familiar sight, the milk truck, as we enter our home town again...