Spring by Kathryn White

Friday, January 21, 2011

Winter Windows of Wonder

I just hung up after talking on the phone with my friend M from Hamilton, who shared that although it was blustery and cold there, she was enjoying the view from her window.
I shared with her that it was also so pretty here today and that although it was storming this morning with poor visibility and bus cancellations, the sun is shining once again here too.
The winter weather is so variable here in Ontario; it can change from one hour to the next.
I took some photos this morning as I was going about my day and wanted to share them with you...
Visibility almost nil with high winds and snow squalls


Clearing with the sun attempting to break through the snow clouds


The view from the back door as it has stopped snowing...


The sun is now shining on a still and silent world


The skies are blue with white fluffy clouds



Winter
Walter de la Mare

Clouded with snow
The cold winds blow,
And shrill on leafless bough
The robin with its burning breast
Alone sings now.

The rayless sun,
Day's journey done,
Sheds its last ebbing light
On fields in leagues of beauty spread
Unearthly white.

Thick draws the dark,
And spark by spark,
The frost-fires kindle, and soon
Over that sea of frozen foam
Floats the white moon.

This shot of the moon was taken two nights ago:
So perfectly round


It is easy to feel cabin fever on days when it is cold and blustery outside.
I just love what Dee Nash shared over at her Oklahoma blog:
Red Dirt Ramblings

Ten Simple Ways to Beat the Winter Blues....Go here to read it.
Don't you just love her list? Tomorrow I am going to post some of the ways I am passing the winter, using her formula. Can you come up with ten ways you are beating the winter blues?
You can stop by her blog, leave a comment and let her know you read them.
I love being inspired and challenged! Thanks Dee!