Spring by Kathryn White

Thursday, February 17, 2011

You Never Let Go



"Psalm 23"
Sarah Eley Kagan
Artist for all Seasons

The LORD is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
~Psalm 23

"When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
"
~Isaiah 43:2



"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
"
~Isaiah 41:10

This past week I was weighed down with the cares and anxieties of life, allowing fear and worry to overwhelm and consume me. As I was crying out to the Lord, I was reminded that 'I have not for I ask not.' Although I don't want to share too much here, I do want to be an encouragement to those who may be struggling with the trials of life. I am so thankful that I humbled myself and asked dear friends for prayer, as a great weight was lifted, peace was restored along with renewed perspective. I want to thank all of you who took the time to pray.
It means more than you will ever know and I am deeply grateful to you.
Truly prayer is one of the best gifts that you can give someone!
One of the answers to prayer was a phone call I just received this evening from my son N who let us know that he and his J sister arrived safely in India to spend time with their older sister K&N.
Despite the long flight with two stop-overs, he was so chipper/cheerful it brought me such reassurance.
God is so faithful and I am truly so thankful! Although I do not know what some of you may be going through in your own life, I do want to encourage you to never let go of the Hand that holds yours and of the God who truly loves you more than you will ever know!
Cling to that assurance and rest in Him! He is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think...

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me.
Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows.
But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

~John 16:33

"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations,
for ever and ever! Amen."
~Ephesians 3:14-21

(to listen scroll down to pause blog play list)