Spring by Kathryn White

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Welcome February...♥ Library Love ♥

February arrives cold, wet and gray, her gifts disguised for only the most discerning spirits to see. Gentle is our path. Gratitude is the thread we weave into the fabric of our daily lives this month, giving thanks for our simply abundant lives and asking for the gift of one thing more: grateful hearts.
Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach

This card arrived in the mail for me, made by my wonderful sil M.
I was so touched and moved that as she created this card, she thought of me.
That was just so thoughtful and such a kind gift...my heart is filled with gratitude:)
I am adding it here as I think it goes perfect with the library/love theme.
Don't you love that library card...so perfect!
Who can you send a card to this month to bless and encourage...just because...


It's hard to believe that we have flipped the calendar again to the month of February....the month of love and romance. There is evidence in the stores but also right here in our library.
We had fun adding a little romance to our display table:

Chocolate, Roses, Romantic Novels, Movies and Music...




I just had to share this photo with you that was emailed to us at the library.
Shall I let you guess where this library is located? Any ideas?
If you don't know, I will reveal it tomorrow...


And this in from The Weather Network
February 1, 2011 — Blizzard, winter storm warnings issued ahead of “Groundhog Day Storm.“
Wednesday's “Groundhog Day Storm“ is almost guaranteed to be a major snow event in southern Ontario, with up to 40 cm forecast for some areas by mid-afternoon.
That, combined with strong northeast winds, has prompted Environment Canada to issue a blizzard warning for parts of the region, including Sarnia, London, St. Catharines and Hamilton.
This is the first widespread blizzard warning for southern Ontario since March 1993.
A winter storm warning is in effect for the rest of the region and stretches as far to the northeast as Ottawa.
When winter storms hit, the safest place to be is at home, and the Ontario Provincial Police are asking people to avoid unnecessary travel Wednesday.

(image found online)

I am scheduled to go in to work tomorrow for a long shift at another library in the Wellington County, but the possibility is there that I will have to stay home due to road conditions.
Do you suppose I will have time to work on my knitting project or curl up in my favourite chair to get caught up on some reading?
That would be bliss indeed!