Spring by Kathryn White

Monday, December 6, 2010

The Gift of Kindness

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia

While I was at work this evening at the library, my friend M who works at the florist shop in town here, walked in carrying the most beautiful poinsettia plant then handed it over to me. I thought it was an order for the library and was shocked when she said it was for me. I just couldn't believe it!
Some dear kind people ordered it for delivery to the library just for me.
I can't thank them enough for their kindness... It just made my day!

And at church on Sunday a fellow anglophile brought me some lovely holly from her garden as we talked about how much we love all things british including holly and ivy.
It was so very kind and thoughtful of her! Thank you M!

After posting about my broken dishes including 3 cups and saucers, another dear kind lady had a little package for me on Sunday. I was so moved that she would have parted with one of her own tea cups as well as one she found. Her kindness moved me to tears when I saw what was in the package. My heart is so full of thankfulness to her!
Thank you
D!


How beautiful a day can be
When kindness touches it!
~George Elliston

Kindness (thoughtfulness) is truly one of the greatest gifts we can give to one another.
I then reflect on God's kindness toward us, a reminder again during this Christmas season:


God's Daily Acts of Kindness
1. Unconditional love.
2. Forgiveness ~ he is a God of second chances
3. Grace ~ undeserved favor, a free gift that is greater than anything money can buy.
4. Peace ~ even in the midst of difficulty.
5. Joy! Hope!
6. Jesus ~ the best gift of all. Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without the birth of Christ. Easter wouldn't be Easter without the Resurrection...