Spring by Kathryn White

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful....

I left the house early this morning to pick my daughter up from a sleep-over at a friend's house. I noticed the sky as I was stepping into the car and just had to grab my camera to capture the snow clouds that were forming...
As we travelled home again, the weather gradually progressed to become blustery with poor visibility.


We were grateful to see this beacon of light encouraging us that we were getting closer to home...
The first thing my daughter did when she got home was to put on her boots, grab her snowboard and take for the hill to spend the rest of the morning practicing her jumps.
Her enthusiasm for snowboarding matches her love of snow.


The wreaths I put out earlier this week looked so pretty with the first snowfall...

And it was a great day for me to stay indoors to get some domestic duties accomplished.
The beds got stripped and washed, the duvet aired, the house dusted and vacuumed, the bathrooms cleaned...
...and the baking done in preparation for an afternoon tea I am hosting tomorrow...
Although it looks so pretty from my window, I am happy to be indoors with the music playing and the house looking festive and cosy....

Oh the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Oh, just to let you know, I have been listening to the Winter/Christmas playlist that I created and added to this blog.
If you do not like the music, you can turn your speakers off or click pause on the playlist at the bottom of this blog.
I promise I won't be offended:)