Spring by Kathryn White

Friday, October 15, 2010

Autumn Greetings to You!

I am back again! It is difficult to blog without a computer, as ours was in the shop for maintenance and repairs.
It was also a busy week, so the time flew by and here we are approaching the weekend again.
My camera did work though, so I managed to capture some autumn photos of this past week that I thought I would share with you.
For those who left such sweet/wonderful comments while I was away, I wanted to thank you and let you know that I appreciated them!
Next week I am going to do my series on Friesland, part of the Netherlands...if all goes well!
This morning I thought I would share some Thanksgiving photos as well as more of the Autumn countryside here.
On Sunday we had our family/children as well as my mother and brother over for the Thanksgiving meal and some wonderful time visiting outside as the weather was so beautiful.


On Monday we drove to the Niagara area to spend time with our dear friends, H&M, who served us the most wonderful dinner, along with a lovely afternoon enjoying time spent with them and another special family.
This is what greeted us as we pulled into their driveway. I can't believe that the morning glories are still blooming! It was such a contrast to the autumn trees that I had to share it with you. We have had the most amazing autumn with lovely weather and moderate temperatures.

Looking through the picture window in their living room....
A Room with a View!

And this was taken from the car on the drive:
Back home again, the farmers are still cutting for hay....
I love it!

The sheep are so content in their pasture....such a peaceful setting!
Wish you could see just how beautiful the colours are of the trees in the background, but my camera just doesn't do it justice...they are spectacular!

The farmers are also busy harvesting their soybeans and corn...this is such a busy time for them.

Some farmers are stacking their corn like this:
The spiders are also enjoying this weather....the evidence is everywhere!

Even the grocery stores are embracing this glorious season:

Such a bountiful array of produce:

And in the kitchen this past week I was busy baking for a british tea as I was asked to host a workshop for
GEMS, a wonderful program for young girls. They are raising money to help build a school for orphaned and underprivileged children in Africa. You can read more about it here.

The menu for my british tea consisted of scones along with clotted cream, strawberry conserves, lemon squares, madeira cake, buttertart squares, cucumber sandwiches, along with my favourite british tea .
Added: You can host your own Traditional English Afternoon Tea with a group of girl friends.
I found some great ideas for you here and a menu idea here. Enjoy!


And the autumn floral centerpieces for my tables, made by my friend M who did such a lovely job! The evening consisted of a beautiful singer, followed by a motivating speaker, refreshments and six great workshops to choose from. Although the evening was too busy to take photos, I am sure that the GEM leaders were pleased with the great turnout of ladies and the results of all of their hard work and effort.
Well-done girls!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone and remember to enjoy the beauty of the earth.