Spring by Kathryn White

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fleeting Days of Summer....

We spent another breakfast morning on the front porch before the young adults left for their day at the Farmer's Market with their british friend, giving him a taste of the Mennonite flavour in the rural countryside.
I had to run a few local errands, so I grabbed my camera and captured these scenes along the way...

Shopping at the local hardware store:


The corn is maturing and should be ready for harvest soon. Some of the local farmers have started already. I could smell the scent of corn silage early this morning. When you grow up on a farm, you never forget the smell of each season and each crop:)







Soybeans will be harvested in the next week or two:








Goats and swiss bells...can it get any cuter?


Just so adorable and so sweet...
... and actually very tiny...
...I just want to take him home with me:
How I love the sheep grazing:
Back home again, the last of the summer gardens:
~Turtlehead...a perennial given to me by my friend Shirley...it is so lovely!
~Phlox:
~Geraniums in bloom all summer:
~Rose of Sharon still in bloom:

My daughter is waiting for me as it is lunch time....to the front porch we go....again!
We are enjoying these last leisurely days of summer, before the routines of the Fall season arrive.