Spring by Kathryn White

Friday, June 18, 2010

"These are a few of my favourite things...."

It's Friday and time for another week of FFF...favourite things hosted by Susanne

1. I can't say enough about our family's new discovery except to leave you with a word of caution:
highly addictive and you won't stop at one bowl!
2. Although I spend a little more on this pure vanilla that I love using in my baking, it is so worth it for me as a little goes a long way and a percentage of the proceeds goes to a mission in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
3. I am going through all my cupboards and drawers again, to weed out what I don't use and to get back on track in the department of organization. When I was at Walmart this week, I had an idea for my cutlery drawer.
I bought a beautiful placemat that fit the drawer perfectly and can be taken out for cleaning. I also bought a metal cutlery tray and the combination is aesthetically pleasing.
4. Lemon Verbena Countertop Spray
"Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Lemon Verbena Countertop Spray takes the basic formula of our All Purpose Cleaner and adds a special Vegetable Protein Extract, a naturally fresh way to remove odors. It cleans, degreases and removes odors from the kitchen, bathroom or any room, a naturally fresh way to clean surfaces."
I love the scent which leaves my kitchen smelling fresh and clean!5. My friend, L, had the privilege of going to the Netherlands recently to spend time with her family. I was eager to hear all about her trip, so she and her husband came over for an evening of photo sharing and story telling. I love living vicariously!:)
She kindly brought back a gift for us, a blue delft summer duvet cover:
"a little taste of home" Oost, West, Thuis Best!
(translated: East, West, Home is Best)

You can read more Friday's Fave 5 over at Susanne's Living to Tell the Story